11th September 2018
Our next parents’ evening is a ‘Meet the Tutor’ event on Thursday 27th September 2018 for Year 7. This is an opportunity to meet your child’s class teacher. A further Parents’ Evening where you meet their subject teachers will be held in April. During the evening there will be a short presentation, taking place every 30 minutes, explaining Year 7 & 8 reports and targets.
Go to http://www.parents-booking.co.uk/scissettmiddleschool or click on the link on the school website under ‘Parents’.
PLEASE NOTE: You need to type this address into your website browser’s ‘address bar’. Do not try to ‘Google’ this website address or use a search engine as that will not work. This is a common mistake on phones and tablets especially. There is also a link on the school website, under the parents’ section.
Login to see which appointments are available and select one that is convenient for you.
You will need:
• Your child’s first name and surname
• Your child’s date of birth
• Your email address
The system is live TODAY and will be open to take your bookings until 12pm on Monday 24th September. You can book for the Parents’ Evening as soon as you receive this letter.
Once you have logged in, we suggest you use the ‘Automated Booking’ wizard to make your appointment. You will be asked to enter your availability and choose the teacher you want to see before being shown available times for the night.
Troubleshooting Tips - please read before booking!
• To login you need to enter the details we have on record for you and your child. If you have recently changed your title or surname, for example, and not informed us, we will be expecting you to login with the details we have on record
• The email address you enter is only used to receive a confirmation of your appointment. If the system gives you an error when you login, it will not be the email address that is the problem
• If you have several children to make bookings for, use the ‘Change Child’ button on the blue bar (above the school’s name) in the very top left corner of the Parent’s Booking Page to swap between your children. This does not apply to the Booking Wizard, where your children are tabbed above the teacher names
If you are unable to book at home, please contact the school office and a member of staff will help you.
Mrs N Greenough
4th October 2018
A number of pupils and parents have expressed an interest in an extra resource at home to help with revision and the preparation for tests in the area of Maths and Science. With this in mind, we are able to offer you the opportunity to purchase through school, revision guides from CGP books at a discounted price of £2.50 each (normally £4.95).
If your child is in receipt of free school meals the cost of the revision guides will be paid by school. These can also be paid online using Parent Pay.
If you would like the school to order these books for you, please complete the reply slip below and return it with the appropriate money to the school office / via Parent Pay by Monday, 15th October 2018.
Mr S Home
Head of Science
SCISSETT MIDDLE SCHOOL – Revision Books
Pupil Name: ……………………………………………………………………… Class: ………………………………
I wish to order a copy of:
KS3 Maths Study Guide foundation - £2.50 □
or KS3 Maths Study Guide higher - £2.50 □
KS3 Maths Complete Study and Practise £5.50 (normally £10.99) □
Science Revision Book foundation - £2.50 □ or Science Revision Book higher - £2.50 □
(Your teachers can advise if you are unsure which books are more suitable).
Total amount enclosed: ……………………………..
I will Pay via Parent Pay. □
Signed: …………………………………………….. Parent
Please return form and money/cheques by Monday, 15th October 2018